Thursday, June 24, 2004

Do you really know how blind I am?

No, that is not some sort of philosophical question...I really am quite blind. I went to the optometrist today so I can get set up with enough lenses to last me while in Germany. It's really funny when the eye doctor continually mentions "...with powers this high, it doesn't really matter...Sometimes I forget where we keep the strong lenses...Oh good, this eye does seem to be correctable, I think..." Being as blind as I am, I have become an expert in the whole song and dance that they like to call eye exam. You'd think with the technology that we have in today's society that there would be a more precise way of determining one's prescription. The procedure, if you are unfamiliar with it because you were blessed with perfect vision, merely entails repeated questioning..."which one is better? A or B? B or C?...Is this one better, worse, or about the same?" I mean seriously...this seems like an idiotic way to practise medicine. (I just decided that it's fun to spell like the British, hence the 'practise.') I hate to bash optometrists, but it is funny. Wait...where would I be without them? I definitely wouldn't be typing and looking at this screen...I would probably not have been able to learn how to read at a young age...that would leave me with...braile? Thank God for Optometry!

Ok, so here are some old school (I mean old school) jams that I'm really feelin right now:
Phil Collins - Against All Odds
Bonnie Raitt - Something to Talk About
*Note* You do have to be in a certain mood to appreciate these songs, which closely stradle the line between lame and classic.

No comments: